My Walking Story Terms and Conditions - Use of Personal Information
I agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Subject to my responses to question 'How can we use your story?', the Heart Foundation will only use my Personal Information for the following purposes (Permitted Purposes):
publication and display in, but not limited to, a variety of Heart Foundation related national publications;
the promotion of health awareness and fundraising activities;
use in the Heart Foundation’s Annual Review;
use in advertisements promoting the Heart Foundation, heart health stories or fundraising activities;
publication in a variety of formats including, but not limited to, printed publications, and electronically on the Heart Foundation’s websites (the Promotional Formats); and
provision of rights to any service provider engaged in the production of the Promotional Formats allowing them to use any DVD or photographic material produced for their own marketing purposes, including, but not limited to use in show reels and inclusion on websites, and social media sites.
2. The Heart Foundation may, from time to time, provide my Personal Information to contracted third parties, media (e.g. newspapers) and design agencies for the sole purpose of giving effect to the Permitted Purposes.
3. My full name may be used by the Heart Foundation in some cases to describe my Personal Information.
4. No royalties or other payments will be received from the Heart Foundation for the use of my Personal Information, either locally or internationally. I agree that I provide my Personal Information to the Heart Foundation on a voluntary basis.
5. I may at any time contact the Heart Foundation to request that my Personal Information no longer be used for some or all of the Permitted Purposes. On receipt of this request, the Heart Foundation will cease (and will use its best efforts to ensure that any media and design agencies engaged by the Heart Foundation using my Personal Information, cease) to use my Personal Information. I acknowledge and agree that the Heart Foundation may not be able to withdraw all current publications already featuring my Personal Information from circulation. In the event of my death, my next of kin may exercise the same rights held by me, under this clause 5.
6. Except as set out in these terms and conditions and in accordance with the Heart Foundation’s Privacy Statement below, my Personal Information will not be provided to a third party for any other use without my written consent.
7. If I identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, I understand that:
Images of or references to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples may appear in materials created under the Permitted Purposes noted above, and these materials may be used into the future;
the Heart Foundation may include warning text indicating that the materials may include references to and/or images of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples who have passed away;
the Heart Foundation will where reasonably practicable, if requested by me or my next of kin, use my mourning name to identify me in updated materials after being notified of my death.
8. Content provided to the Heart Foundation may be edited for length, accuracy and clarity.
Participation and Liability
I release the Heart Foundation from all liability for any loss, damage, expense or personal injury which may be sustained by me by reason of any neglect, act, omission or failure on the part of the Heart Foundation or its servants, agents, volunteers, employees or any other persons as a result of or in connection with my participation in the collection of the Personal Information, including, but not limited to, production of any media.
Your Personal Information is being or has been collected by the National Heart Foundation of Australia ABN 98 008 419 761 (Heart Foundation, we, us, our) to facilitate services requested by you and /or to keep you informed about Heart Foundation related activities. We respect your privacy and embrace the principles contained in the Privacy Act. We may contact you in the future for the promotion of heart health messages and programs, research, fundraising purposes and invitations to events. If you attend our events you may be photographed or filmed and images &/or audio may be used in various mediums to promote the Heart Foundation. Please tell event staff if you do not wish to be photographed or filmed. Personal details may be provided to third parties where required by law or for the purpose of facilitating services contracted by us, in so doing your personal information may be disclosed to overseas recipients. Further information is available in our Privacy Notice or on request. Communications from us may include mail, email, social media, SMS or telephone contact and may also include messages on behalf of event sponsors and other third parties. By providing your information to us you agree that you have provided your indefinite consent to this contact. You may withdraw consent at any time though in doing so we may not be able to provide you with services requested. The Heart Foundation will not disclose your information to any third party for their marketing purposes.